Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dalawang Dekada


HAPPY BIRTHDAY


Today is the tenth day of February two thousand and ten. It is my twentieth birthday. Dalawang dekada na akong nabubuhay sa mundong ibabaw :-D

In the bible, the number 10 signifies perfection of divine order. It is one of the four perfect numbers in the bible (i.e. 3,7,10,12). It represents completeness of order - nothing lacking, nothing over. For example: The 10 Commandments summarizes all that is necessary to be fulfilled; the 10 plagues of Egypt represents the complete circle of God's judgment on this idolatrous nation; and also the tithe (the tenth) that God requires in Malachi 3:10 represents the whole of what was due from man to God, as marking and recognizing God's claim on the whole. Moreover, check out your own anatomy, a complete set of fingers and a complete set of toes both refer to 10 phalanges (10 fingers & 10 toes)

The 10th day of February is also the 41st day of every year (beginning from January 1). Number 4, in a way, represents a new beginning, as it follows the biblical number 40. The 40th day of Jesus' Fasting marked its end, the next day (day 41) was the beginning of His Ministry. The 40th day of the rain in Noah's time marked its end, the next day (day 41) marked the beginning of the receding of the flood.

The number 20, on the other hand represents a period of waiting and expectation: Jacob waited for 20 long years to have his wives and his properties (Genesis 31:38,41); The nation of Israel waited for 20 years for a deliverer from Jabin's oppression (Judges 4:3); The Ark of the Covenant waited for 20 years at Kiriath Jearim; King Solomon waited for 20 years for the completion of the two buildings/houses (I Kings 9:10). All these people (and the ark) waited, and got what they waited for because they were full of expectation on the Sure Promises of God. 

And true enough, right now, as a recent 20-year old, I am full of expectation on God's Sure Promises and His Goodness. Just a few weeks ago, during one of our nursing board exam review classes, when I re-realized that graduation is very near, I had these doubts and (I guess) fears regarding the future. I asked God a number of questions: "What now after I graduate?; Anong mangyayari sakin?; Anong magiging buhay ko?; Anong pinaka-maganda kong gawin?; Sinong mapapangasawa ko?; etcetera, etcetera." It was right here that God seems to have squeezed my heart (it was how it felt) and it was like I pictured God smilingly say "Ano ka ba anak? Just trust Me." And it was at that very moment that The His Holy Spirit reminded me of a verse I have already read for not a few times, and I immediately took out my (electronic) bible from my pocket to look for it. . .

Psalm 139:16
"All the days ordained for me were written in Your Book before one of them came to be."

After reading this, I instinctively/automatically reviewed the events of my life, just like in a flashback. And I was convinced that indeed, this verse is very true. I saw how God planned my life. I didn't plan to take up this course (not once in my life did I dreamed of being a nurse), or to study in this university (not once did I dream of studying in UST) but I saw how God has blessed me through it and has taught me priceless life lessons during my stay at the UST College of Nursing --lessons that I would not have learned elsewhere, I believe.

Moreover, I never planned to become a Christian! No sir, na-ah, not me. It was all corny & baduy to me! But God arranged the circumstances, and moved the pieces, causing the very foundations of my life to be shaken -yes they were, they were shaken so badly and they broke, they were shattered, and on the night of June 11, 2006, I was faced with the inevitable decision and great offer of accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior. The rest is history. I didn't plan these things, but God set me up! He set me up. It was definitely a set-up.

What am I to fear? My path has already been laid out for me. It was hidden, but now, it is lighted. God has given me visions of what is to come regarding my walk with (not simply for) Him, and it is very exciting. I must not forget it. I must always bring it to remembrance. I must always remember it.

Deuteronomy 4:9
"Be very careful not to forget the things your eyes have seen. Do not let them slip from your heart. Remember them always."

Jeremiah 29:11
" 'For I know the plans I have for you' says The Lord. 'Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope' "

So Zion, whenever you're having doubts, fears or any destructive emotion, always remember. . .

 
Maliwanag ang Bukas

"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn 
--shining ever brighter till the full light of the day."
Proverbs 4:18

WELCOME TO THE BEGINNING OF THE 
THIRD DECADE OF YOUR EXISTENCE

THANK YOU LORD FOR 
MY TWENTIETH BIRTHDAY 

3 comments:

Wildcard07 said...

advanced kaya yung entry...bukas pa birthday mo iho...tsktsk...twenteen ka pa lang disoriented ka na, hahahaha...o baka nga dala lang yan ng pagbbirthday? yeahahahaha.

have a great birthday dear zaii!
God bless you with more fruitful days to come! live in the light always!^^

Wildcard07 said...

and i must say... hahaha tagalog version ng bright lights entry ko to ah! gaya gaya!^^ hehehehe

on serious thought- where'd u get this picture? nice! love it!

and i am very happy to read your entry regarding your 20th... nakaka-bless talaga, keni. keep steppin' to God's beat!

KZRemojo said...

I posted it 4 hours earlier kasi kailangan ko matulog nang maaga nung Feb 9, at hindi ko na nahintay ang midnight. I posted it with the time 11pm dahil yan ang oras ng aking kapanganakan. Di ko na sana e-explain tong mga bagay na to, but you forced me to. hahhaha!

Thank you Ate Penny!

Re the picture at the bottom, that's sunrise at Mall of Asia :-D

Glory to God for letting me become a blessing to you! You already know that you are to me as well. :-D