Thursday, March 4, 2010

YOU ARE

You are my completion,and my strength, my very present help in trouble. You are my source and my life, my joy and inspiration. You give me strength and energy, hope and courage. You whisper truth to my ears, and say it loudly to my face when I could not hear them. You block my ears from hearing lies, and give me opportunities for victories. You continually raise me up. You carry me. You lead me in green pastures. You feed me. You satisfy me, and there is nothing my mouth lacks. You are my shepherd, and I shall never want. You took me from darkness and have led me every step of the way. You were with me yesterday. You are with me today. You will be with me tomorrow. Oh what is this, that even in my failures, You were there! In my darkest moments, You never left me. When I let go of my grip on You, You did not let go of Yours. When I was untrue, You remained true. When I became unfaithful, You remained faithful. You are my encourager, and the giver of motivation. You know me inside and out. You know my tendencies. You know my weaknesses. You know my strengths. You know my potential. You gave me my potential. You are my life. You are my all. You are my friend. You are my brother. You are my father. You are my mother. You are my Lord. . . And You are my God.

2 comments:

Wildcard07 said...

Such an honest entry! And I can very well relate to that. So true...I can't explain it logically but when i read such devotionals to the Lord, my heart can't help but just sigh in wonder and awe...it's like something that is willfully poured out from the depths of my soul. I think this comprises the sentiment of every Christian...^^ and I am very sure the Lord is happy to know that you feel and think this way.

KZRemojo said...

I guess the reason you couldn't help but sigh in wonder and awe is because God wired you that way. He wired you as a worhshiper. That's what I see in you. God has given you the ability to be EXTREMELY AMAZED at His Works, and therefore, worship Him. Just like King David (who was a poet like you), God has given you the ability to worship Him --with style!